A court in Rio de Janeiro has blocked funding from state lender Caixa Economica Federal to the consortium building the Olympic Deodoro complex where 11 sports will be held in August, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.
News site G1 reported earlier on Tuesday that the suspended funds totaled 128.5 million reais ($35 million). Prosecutors in Rio claim to have found evidence of fraud in earthmoving services at the complex based on documents they have seen, G1 said.
Deodoro is the second-largest cluster of Olympic venues. The Rio prosecutors' office, the regional court, Rio mayor's office and Caixa would not confirm the blocked funds.