WikiLeaks added Kunduz bombing footage to its most wanted list saying it is a "war crime evidence" and offers $50,000 for any relevant material.
The non-profit media organisation on Thursday announced on its website that it is raising bounty for “the footage, the cockpit audio, the inquiry report and other relevant materials such as the Rules of Engagement active at the time.”
WikiLeaks drew most attention in 2010 when it published thousands of confidential diplomatic documents, which drew sharp criticism from various countries, especially the US.
More recently, the whistleblower group published National Security Agency intercepts showing that the US have for years spied on its allies including Germany, France and Brazil.
In the Kunduz announcement, WikiLeaks says the bombing is similar to Collateral Murder case, where the media organisation published a footage showing Iraqi citizens being indiscriminately targeted by American helicopters.
— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) October 8, 2015
A US air strike on Doctors Without Border’s (MSF) hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan killed at least 23 people on Saturday.
MSF requested an independent inquiry into last week’s air strike on the charity's hospital.
US Executive Director of MSF, Jason Cone says the medical charity will not back down from their request for an independent investigation, and that the changing accounts on the air strike are not satisfactory.
US President Barack Obama has officially expressed his apology to Doctors Without Borders for the bombing.
MSF International President Dr. Joanne Liu stated "We received President Obama's apology today for the attack against our trauma hospital in Afghanistan."
"However, we reiterate our ask that the US government consent to an independent investigation led by the International Humanitarian Fact-Finding Commission to establish what happened in Kunduz, how it happened, and why it happened," Liu said.