Australia has pledged to increase its efforts in its search for the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 which disappeared last year, generating huge controversy over world aviation safety, officials said on Thursday.
MH370 went missing with 239 passengers and crew members on board during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014 and so far the Australian-led search team has found no trace to the missing airline.
Australia's deputy prime minister has announced that the number of vessels searching for the jet would be increased to four, including one vessel which will be provided by China.
Authorities from the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) and Department of Defense have identified a location they consider to be the likeliest resting place of the jet’s wreckage.
The search has extended to a 120,000 square km (46,330 square miles) band of sea floor in the isolated southern Indian Ocean, where the jet is believed to have gone missing.
Truss described the location as a "purple patch," referencing to the flight's data, path and information from global satellite networks.
Assistant Minister for Defence Darren Chester also told a media conference in Canberra that, "We have a high level of confidence that we are searching in the right area."
Malaysia and several other countries have also been investigating the mysterious disappearance of the plane.