Afghanistan army officials said a group of unidentified gunmen stormed a building in the Afghan capital Kabul on Wednesday night, saying the shooting was still continuing.
An army commander said police and special forces cordoned off the area around the Park Palace guesthouse where foreigners in Kabul mostly accommodate.
Commander of the Afghan National Army’s 111th Corps. Qadam Shah Shaheem said no one claimed the responsibility of the attack. He also gave no immediate word about casualties.
The late Wednesday’s attack was the second on the same day in Afghanistan.
Earlier on Wednesday, gunmen opened fire at a building in the southern province of Helmand during a meeting of the country's prominent Muslim clerics, killing at least seven people.
The responsibility of the Helmand attack has been claimed by Taliban who has been fighting against the United States-backed government in Kabul.
Late in April, Taliban announced they started their “spring offensive,” taking the advantage of Afghan security forces’ unprepared conditions after foreign forces had started withdrawing their missions in the country.