Two sequential attacks hit Afghan capital Kabul on Tuesday, Afghan and foreign officials said.
In the first attack, which occurred around 11:30 a.m. local time in the Shah Shahid area of Kabul, a suicide car bombing targeted a NATO convoy belonging to foreign forces.
There were no fatalities, according to NATO which released a statement shortly after the attack.
But Afghan police spokesman Ebadullah Karimi said one foreigner and one bystander were wounded after the explosion.
The Taliban militant group claimed responsibility for the attack, tweeting on their social media account.
"I can confirm that a suicide car bomber targeted foreign forces," Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqqi told Reuters.
Last week, the Taliban carried out a car bomb attack on NATO soldiers, which claimed the lives of two Afghan civilians and wounded 26 others, including women and children.
Before the country could get over the shock of the first attack, a second attack was carried out by militants in Kabul.
"We have reports that insurgents have entered a building," police spokesman Ebadullah Karimi said.
Insurgents targeted the National Directorate of Security (NDS) office in Kabul but security forces were able to prevent them from setting off bombs, according to a tweet from the national intelligence agency.
Nobody has claimed responsibility for the second attack, in which one NDS soldier was killed.
The Taliban has continued its serial attacks in the country since it launched its annual spring offensive in April.
Two weeks earlier, the Taliban stormed the Afghan Parliament, killing five people in the attack, in which they also lost seven members.
In comparison to last year, civilian casualties in Afghanistan jumped 16 percent in first four months of 2015.