After the route to Mount Everest was blocked by avalanche caused by a severe earthquake that hit Nepal in April, the mountain was officially opened again by Nepalese authorities and is expecting its first climber soon.
Climbers have been waiting for the route to open again in the base camp since May.
The first climber to attempt to reach the peak of the mountain was Japanese climber Nobukazu Kuriki, who will head out on his adventure on Tuesday. He will be the first to attempt climbing the mountain after the earthquake.
"The main purpose of my climb is to spread the message that Nepal was safe for climbers and trekkers even after the earthquake," Kuriki said.
Kuriki was not lucky enough to manage reaching the mountain’s peak and his fourth attempt cost him nine of his fingers.
"Kuriki is climbing at a time when there is confusion in the world about the safety in Nepal after the earthquake," said Nepal's tourism minister Kripasur Sherpa after he gave Kuriki his climbing permit.
"This will be an example for other visitors to come to Nepal which is safe for mountain climbing," he added.
The April earthquake killed 19 climbers who were at the base camp. More than 8,600 people were killed by the earthqauke while even more were injured and forced to leave their homes.
Tourism also seems to be torn as Everest faces security issues for the second time since last year, cancelling climbing and vacations for many people.
Officials predict that tourism will fall 40 percent, which means many people will be laid off from the sector which employs 500,000 people in the country.