Indonesian police identified four of the five militants which carried out an attack in Jakarta shortly after arresting three on suspicion of having links to the deadly blast on Friday, one day after the attack.
The police named one of the attackers as Afif Sunakim, who was previously jailed for seven years for attending a militant camp. Another attacker was also a convicted militant, the police said.
The attack was claimed by the DAESH terrorist group. Two civilians were killed in the attack, an Indonesian and a Canadian. Another 20 people, including an Algerian, Austrian, German and Dutch citizen, were wounded.
Media outlets said that six bombs went off after up to 15 DAESH terrorists armed with guns and explosives entered the city on motorbikes.
Five attackers were also killed, a police spokesman said. Police said that they suspected a suicide bomber was responsible for at least one of the blasts.
The area near a Starbucks coffee shop where the attack by suicide bombers and gunmen began, remained cordoned off with a highly visible police presence Friday.
Depok area police chief Col. Dwiyono told MetroTV that the three men were arrested during a dawn raid at their homes in Depok on the outskirts of Jakarta.
Dwiyono, who goes by one name, says the men are suspected militants and are being questioned over having possible links to the attack on Thursday.
MetroTV broadcasted footage of the handcuffed men being escorted by police.
Jakarta police chief Maj. Gen. Tito Karnavian has said the attackers had links with DAESH and were part of a group led by Bahrum Naim, an Indonesian militant who is now in Syria.
In the hours following the attack, a DAESH allied news agency reported from its Telegram channel that DAESH has carried out the attacks.
The Jakarta police chief later confirmed the claim and said that DAESH was "definitely" behind the attacks in Jakarta.