Authorities in Thailand have issued three more arrest warrants for suspects believed to be linked to the bombing of Bangkok’s Erawan shrine in August has been arrested.
The suspects, identified as Ali Jolan, Ahmet Bozoglan and a third unnamed suspect are charged with illegally being in possession of explosive materials.
Although Thai police spokesman Prawut Thavornsiri said the nationalities of the three men have not been confirmed, photos published on Thai media websites have identified Ahmet Bozoglan as a Chinese citizen from the Xinjiang province.
Earlier on Tuesday, Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha told reporters a Chinese passport-carrier said to be "a main suspect" in connection with the bombing.
Security officials have said the suspect is a 28-year-old man who was arrested in Nong Jok as he was trying to cross into Cambodia, but have released no further details.
According to the Bangkok Post, another two foreign suspects and one 26-year-old Thai woman, identified as Wanna Suansan, are being sought by the police after warrants were approved on Monday.
— TRT World (@trtworld) August 31, 2015
Police said travel records suggest that the three suspects are still in Thailand, but a woman identifying herself as Wanna Suansan has said she is living in Turkey and has not travelled to Thailand in three months.
The Bangkok blast targeting the touristic Erawan shrine occurred on Aug. 17 and killed 20 people. A second device later exploded at the Sathorn pier on Aug. 18, but caused no injuries.
Another suspect carrying a fake Turkish passport was arrested on Saturday and is currently in police custody.
เทียบหน้าตา กรณีตร.รวบผู้ต้องสงสัย บึ้มราชประสงค์ได้ pic.twitter.com/zNWDi9p1gX
— Arm Worawit (@ArmUpdate) August 29, 2015
The reward offered for the capture of the suspects was tripled by Thai authorities three million baht ($84,000) on Saturday, due to pressure from the public to finalise the investigation as quick as possible.
Thai authorities have drawn criticism as the investigation has failed to produce any concrete results so far and inconsistencies in the evidence have undermined the reliability of investigation.
Thailand’s Nation TV on Saturday aired an image of a suicide vest allegedly belonging to the alleged bomber.
The image later proved to be fake as it was taken from US Transport Security Administration’s official blog on March 8, 2013.
— TRT World (@trtworld) August 29, 2015