Documents republished by WikiLeaks maddens Sony Pictures

WikiLeaks provides access to Sony Corp’s Sony Pictures confidential documents and emails which stolen in massive cyber-attack last year

Updated Jul 28, 2015

Tensions rose as WikiLeaks, an anti- secrecy website known for publishing confidential information of governments, corporations and other large entities, republished Sony Corp.’s Sony Pictures stolen documents to public Thursday. Access to more than 300,000 confidential documents and emails were given to general public.

Defining the cyber-attack as a “malicious criminal act” Sony Pictures said that they “strongly condemn the indexing of stolen employee and other private and privileged information on WikiLeaks.”

WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange defended their actions and stated that “the archive shows the inner workings of an influence multinational corporation, it’s newsworthy and at the center of geo-political conflict” he said.

U.S. officials believe the cyber theft was sponsored by North Korea, in response to the entertainment companies release of the comedy film “The Interview,” which is believed to mock North Korean leader; Kim Jong-un. However, North Korea denied such allegations.

Making 30,287 documents and 173,132 emails widely searchable across the Internet, “WikiLeaks is not performing a public service” said Sony.

“Instead, with this despicable act, WikiLeaks is further violating the privacy of every person involved” said Entertainment Company.

Access to confidential documents are currently at the fingertips of the general public. Sony Pictures chief Amy Pascal’s controversial comments were amongst some of the confidential documents which yield nearly 5,700 results.

Sony Pictures stated that they will continue to fight for the privacy of their “company and its more than 6000 employees.”

TRTWorld and agencies