Belgian police have launched six more raids in the Brussels region in connection with Bilal Hadfi, one of the suicide bombers in the Paris attacks that killed 129 people, AP news agency has reported.
The operations were carried out in Molenbeek district which has been the focus of anti-terror operations and the Jette district of Brussels.
The official who spoke on condition of anonymity told AP that the recent raids were focusing on 20-year-old Bilal Hadfi who has been identified as one of the three suicide attackers in the bombings at the Stade de France.
According to the investigators, Hadfi was a French national based in Belgium and previously lived in Syria.
On Thursday morning, Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel said 400 million euros ($427 million) would be saved in scope of an additional package to combat terrorism.
"Security forces will be increased and hate messages around the country will be eradicated," Michel said. The government will make sure with a new law to send those who aren't Belgian from returning to Belgian territory to prison.
"Preventing young people from leaving for combat or training zones is not enough” Michel said, calling for international cooperation.