German Security Forces conducted an anti-terror raid on Sunday in the apartments of two men suspected of having connections with DAESH terror organisation, a spokesman for the Federal Prosecutor Office said.
The raid happened near the city of Mainz, the capital of Rhineland-Palatinate.
The two men are suspected of taking part in the Syrian civil war as DAESH terrorists, the spokesman stated.
"We do not have any indication of concrete attack plans," the spokesman said, regarding potential attacks may be planned in Germany by the men.
He indicated that the two men had been interrogated, but rejected to comment on any further information.
According to German news website Spiegel Online, one of the men was suspicious of being a top-ranking commander in the DAESH terror organisation.
It was reported that the 32-year-old man was suspected of joining to fight along with DAESH in Deir ez Zor, in the eastern part of Syria, and then travelled to Germany last autumn.
German police conducted an operation on Sunday in Berlin and other parts of northern Germany and detained two men suspected of having links to DAESH and arranging a terror attack in the German capital.