The Spain Constitutional Court suspended Catalan secession motion on Wednesday, following application by Spain's conservative government to the Constitutional Court for cancellation of Catalan independence process.
The Vice President of the Catalan government, Neus Munte, responded to the court's decision in a news conference and said that "The political will of the government of Catalonia is to go ahead with the content of the resolution approved Monday by the Catalan parliament."
Catalonia's pro-independence regional parliament voted for a secession process in Spain's wealthiest region on Monday, and it passed in a showdown with the central government in Madrid.
Afterwards, separatist Catalan lawmakers approved a plan to start a new state legislation for Catalan Republic in one month. The plan includes forming a separate social security system and treasury to complete the independence process within 18 months.
Following a cabinet meeting, Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy told reporters in a news conference that Spain would not allow Catalonia to break away from the country.
"This is blatant disregard for the state's institutions. They are trying to do away with democracy. I will not allow it," Rajoy declared.
Northeastern Spain keeps a fifth of the national economy output with its highly-industrialised and heavily-populated conditions.
If Catalan leaders continue to insist on the desire to be independent under those conditions, tensions between Catalonia and Spain could further increase.
Last month, pro-independence parties gained a majority of seats in the 135-seat Catalan Parliament in Barcelona, winning 75 seats, for the very first time during its regional parliamentary elections.