Belgian Health Minister Maggie De Block said on Monday that the death toll from last Tuesday’s attacks in Brussels airport and metro station increased to 35 dead, including three attackers.
Belgian authorities had previously announced that 31 people were killed, including the attackers and more than 300 people were injured.
"Four patients deceased in hospital. Medical teams did all possible. Total victims: 35. Courage to all the families," De Block said in a tweet.
Four patients deceased in hospital. Medical teams did all possible. Total victims: 35. Courage to all the families. #BrusselsAttacks
— Communicatie (@Maggie_DeBlock) 28 Mart 2016
Belgian Crisis Centre said on its website that 28 of the victims had been identified. Six Belgian and nine foreign nationals were among 15 people who were killed at the airport.
The 13 victims of the metro blast included 10 Belgians and three foreign nationals.
The nationalities of foreigners killed in the attacks include British, Italian, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Swedish and US nationals.
The attacks were claimed by the DAESH terrorist organisation.
Brussels prosecutors on Monday said they had charged three more people with participating in a terrorist group after a series of raids.
On Sunday, they had announced they were holding four people following 13 new raids in and around Brussels and Antwerp.
The bomb blasts came just four days after the arrest of Salah Abdeslam in Brussels, who had been on the run for four months after escaping Paris, having participated in the Nov. 13 attacks that left 130 people dead.
Abdeslam was arrested three days after evading a capture in a shootout in southern Brussels on March 22 that saw an Algerian DAESH-linked terrorist killed.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said last Wednesday that one of the attackers in the Brussels suicide bombings was deported last June from Turkey, but subsequently freed by Belgium despite Turkey's warnings that he was a terrorist.
President Erdogan said the Belgian authorities had failed to confirm the suspect's links to terrorism "despite our warnings" following his deportation.
Belgium’s Interior Minister Jan Jambon admitted that his country "made a mistake" by not heeding Turkey's warnings about Brussels metro station suicide bomber Ibrahim El Bakraoui being a foreign terrorist fighter.
"Someone within the police organisation was negligent and was not proactive on an issue where we could have detected terrorism."