Iranian backed Houthi media claims Saudi-led coalition bombardment on Yemen’s Taez resulted in the death of 43 people and injured around 50.
However medical sources told Reuters that Houthi attacks on the city killed 13 people, including seven children and destroyed a main power plant in the city which worsened conditions for residents who already suffer long hours of power shortages.
Information on both sides could not be immediately confirmed.
The Saba news agency run by Houthi rebels said airstrikes late on Thursday targeted Taez's republican palace and the city's Sala Neighborhood.
Pro-Hadi resistance forces, backed by the Saudi-led coalition have controlled several governmental buildings in Taez located between the Houthi dominated north and the newly captured south.
The International Committee of the Red Cross said last week the country was "crumbling" under humanitarian crises, the Hodeida port is a focal spot for aid supplies.
The war in Yemen started when Houthi aggression pushed the Yemeni president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi to call on Arab countries to “help save Yemen”. And so King Salman of Saudi Arabia has responded to the call and the military operations ‘Decisive Storm’ in which the Kingdom joined forces with 12 other countries to aid the exiled Yemeni government started in late March of this year.
The UN has declared the situation in Yemen to be a level-three humanitarian emergency, the highest on its scale, after about 80 percent of the country’s population fell into dire need of humanitarian aid.
Twenty million people in the country are in need of aid, 13 million are facing food shortages and 9.4 million are having difficulties accessing drinking water.