At least 12 people were killed and many critically injured following suicide attacks at a market in the northeastern Nigeriam town of Chibok, security sources and residents said on Wednesday.
No one has claimed responsibility yet but officials suspect Boko Haram, which frequently uses suicide bombers in the region, of being behind the attack.
"Two veiled girls suspected to be suicide bombers entered Chibok market at about 12.54 pm today," a police official said.
"Afterwards, we heard an explosion at the heart of the market and people fled. Some minutes later another blast came just at the edge of the market," he said.
Eight dead bodies were counted at the market as four others passed away on the way to the hospital. Some 15 wounded have been treated in hospital, the official stated.
Musa Pagu and Ishaya Ali, members of a civilian vigilante group, also said at least 12 people were killed in the attack.
In April 2014 Boko Haram had kidnapped 270 schoolgirls from their dormitories in the northeastern town of Chibok, sparking international outrage and the "Bring back our girls" campaign.
The whereabouts of the kidnapped girls is still unclear, and only about 50 have been accounted for so far. There is no information regarding whether or not they are still alive.
Boko Haram was formed in 2009, and has killed hundreds of innocent civilians through the years in numerous African countries including Niger, Chad and Cameroon. The militant group swore allegiance to DAESH in 2014.
Boko Haram has reverted to a strategy of attacking soft targets such as markets, bus stations and places of worship, and also using hit-and-run tactics during its attacks on villages.
In the past six years some 17,000 people have been killed by the militant group, while its armed campaign has caused around 2.5 million people to flee the area.