Burkina Faso on Saturday froze the assets of General Gilbert Diendere who led the unsuccessful coup attempt last week.
Diendere’s men took Burkina Faso's interim President Michel Kafando and Prime Minister Yacouba Isaac Zida along with two other government ministers hostage, just weeks before the elections that were planned to be held on October 11.
In addition to General Diendere, 13 other suspectes linked to former President Blaise Compaore's political party along with the coup, as well as three other parties linked to the former leader had their assets frozen by a state prosecutor.
A day after the cabnite ajurned the elite presidental gaurd, the decision of freezing the financial and property assets came, aming to disrupt against coup leaders and their supporters.
The interim president also discharged the minister of internal security, who was in charge of identifying those responsible for the attempted coup.
Kafando was restored to power on Wednessday following the release of domestic and international oppositions and the threat of an attack from loyalist forces.
Burkina Faso's interim cabinet met on Friday after the Presidential Security Regiment (RSP) was adjorned.
The RSP is the secret service organisation responsible for the president of Burkina Faso's security.
"The third decree relates to the dissolution of the Presidential Security Regiment (RSP). The adoption of this decree dissolves the RSP," said the cabnit during the meeting, cited by the AFP.
Prime Minister Zida told reporters earlier that the putschists would be taken into the justice.
"Those who will have to answer to justice will do so," said Zida.
Talking on the future of the RSP as he promised a commission of enquiry, Zida showed optimism over the "disarmament and dissolution" and said that it would happen "immediately."
According to a senior RSP member, the coup leaders were demanding guarantees over their safety before they disarm.
Following the coup, officers agreed to stand down from their positions in the capital Ouagadougou, as well as to pull out of the institution.
The country’s Prosecutor Laurent Ponda said that an investigation has been started.
"I have called on the criminal investigation department to open an investigation into offences linked to the acts which occurred on the territory since September 16," Poda told AFP in an interview over the telephone.
Guy-Herve Kam, spokesman for the civil group Balai Citoyen or "civic broom", told AFP that he believed that there were grounds for optimism.
"I think there are reasons to be optimistic. No power can do anything against a determined people. I think the soldiers implicated in this coup and even the politicians have realised that [a coup] is something which can no longer come off in this country."
Since the beginning, at least 11 people have died and 271 have been wounded in protests against the putsch.
Burkina Faso aims to return to democracy a year after protesters toppled the former President Blaise Compaore, as he attempted to extend his 27-year rule.