Burqas in the Far North Region of Cameroon have been banned after two women dressed in the garments blew themselves up last week in a suspected Boko Haram attack, a local governor said on Wednesday.
Last week, at least 13 people were killed in twin attacks in Cameroon's northern town of Fotokol, the government said.
Motorbikes are also not allowed at night in Cameroon in addition to a ban on tinted windows in vehicles.
"I took this measure because of the security situation prevailing in the region," said Midjiyawa Bakari, governor of the Far North Region.
In Boko Haram's home base in northeastern Nigeria, suicide bombings are a common occurrence, but recently neighbouring African countries have started experiencing similar attacks.
A suicide bomber dressed in a woman's burqa also blew himself up in the main market in Chad's capital N'Djamena early on Saturday, killing 14 people and injuring 74, a police spokesman said.
Chad authorities banned the full covering burqa last month for security reasons.
The twin suicide attacks brutally rocked N'Djamena in June, prompting the outlaw of the burqas in a bid to stop bombers taking advantage of them.
Boko Haram’s recent attacks against Chad and Cameroon are seen as systematic revenge on a regional military force which both countries are taking part in, along with Nigeria, where the forces are primarily based and led.
The Nigerian-led forces have successfully pushed the militant group out of several territories which they controlled last year, but the dispersed militants have since resorted to ‘guerrilla tactics.’