EU foreign ministers have expressed their concerns over probabilities of knocking down the Khirbet Susiya village in West Bank by Israel.
Israel has forced the population of the village to transfer in preparation for demolishing the housing in the upcoming days.
European foreign ministers called on Israel to halt “forced transfer of population and demolition of Palestinian housing” in the village. They warned over the fate of the community of 350, south of Hebron Hills through a statement delivered by the US government.
US State Department spokesman, John Kirby, warned last week of the provocative results of any demolition or eviction.
“We’re closely following developments and we strongly urge the Israeli authorities to refrain from carrying out any demolitions in the village.” he said.
A visit by a senior Israeli military officer raised residents as well as international fears since he has told villagers that the Israeli authorities had earmarked 37 dwellings for demolition according to a schedule to be appealed on August 3.
The demolition decision heightened animosity of Israeli and foreign activists who protested at the site for 24 hours a day, attempting to prevent the demolition for the third time. The population of the village had struggled to survive within the 20-year-long conflict with frequent Israeli attempts to force the village's inhabitants to move.