Nigeria's army announced to have rescued 200 girls and 93 women during a military operation to wrest back the Sambisa Forest from the Boko Haram on Tuesday.
Boko Haram kidnapped more than two hundred schoolgirls near the northern village of Chibok in April 2014, causing an international outcry.
Schoolgirls who had been abducted one year ago were not among those rescued girls.
"Preliminary investigation so far has proven that those rescued were not those that were kidnapped on the night of 14 April, 2014, but we will keep on feeding or updating you with other details," army spokesman Sani Usman told The Anadolu Agency on Wednesday.
"Yesterday, the military troops were at Alafa side of Sambisa Forest and they were able to dismantle four terrorist camps, including Tokumbere.
Those who know Boko Haram will tell you it is the most notorious camp," he added.
"In the process, 200 girls of varying ages were rescued as well as 93 adult women. Now, nobody can tell you precisely whether they are the 219 abducted schoolgirls," he said.
Offensive against Boko not yet over
Warplanes backed up Nigerian forces have begun winnin back territories from Boko Haram.
The group, notorious for violence against civilians, controlled an area roughly the size of Belgium at the start of the year but has since been beaten back by Nigerian troops, backed by Chad, Niger and Cameroon.
According to AFP analysts, Nigeria and other countries fighting against Boko Haram should not think that they have been victorious yet, as Boko Haram is far from being defeated and can easily regroup, especially if there is a slacking in military pressure on the group.