Iran has accused Saudi warplanes of attacking the Iranian embassy in Yemen's capital Sanaa on Wednesday night, wounding some guards, according to Iran's state TV website.
The Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen said it will investigate the accusation, coalition spokesman Brigadier General Ahmed Asseri said.
Coalition jets carried out heavy strikes in Sanaa on Wednesday night to target missile launchers used by the Houthi militia to fire at Saudi Arabia, he said, adding that the group has used civilian facilities including abandoned embassies.
Asseri said the coalition had requested all countries to supply it with coordinates of the location of their diplomatic missions and that accusations made on the basis of information provided by the Houthis "have no credibility."
A coalition of Arab states allied with the government of President Hadi have been bombing Houthi insurgency since March last year, in addition to running training programmes and dropping weapons for Yemeni fighters loyal to President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.
Saudi Arabia on Saturday announced the end of a truce that had reduced fighting, but had been repeatedly violated by both sides.
The UN has declared the situation in Yemen to be a level-three humanitarian emergency, the highest on its scale, after about 80 percent of the country’s population fell into dire need of humanitarian aid.
Twenty million people in the country are in need of aid, 13 million are facing food shortages and 9.4 million are having difficulties accessing drinking water.
According to the United Nations, at least 6,000 people have been killed in the ongoing civil war in Yemen, nearly half of them civilians, and more than 27,000 injured since the war began.