Israeli forces have destroyed 23 Palestinian homes on Monday, leaving more than 100 people homeless in the district of Ramallah in the occupied West Bank in one of the biggest demolishings in the recent years.
Palestinians removed what remained of their belongings after their houses were demolished by Israeli bulldozers in the occupied West Bank village of Jimba, southern Hebron.
Local residents said they were informed that the area had been declared a military zone by the Israeli Army.
Locals told TRTWORLD's correspondent Muhannad Alami that "they will not leave their areas," saying they have been living there since 1967.
According to Israeli law, Palestinians are required to have building permits before they can build on land classified as Area C, which under the Oslo Accords falls under full Israeli control.
However, Israeli authorities refuse the vast majority of building permit requests.
In December, the European Union missions in Jerusalem and Ramallah demanded that all Area C demolitions be halted.
However, Israel ignored EU demands to halt violations against Palestinians and did not order a stop to settlement expansions.
Israel has demolished more than 48,000 Palestinian homes and structures since 1967, said Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions.
The UN Officer for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs recorded the demolition of 501 Palestinian-owned structures in 2015, which displaced 659 people.