Israel’s Interior Minister Aryeh Deri on Thursday said the residency permit rights of four Palestinians from east Jerusalem have been revoked over the alleged killing of Israelis on Rosh Hashanah eve.
The accused men aged between 18-20 are found guilty of allegedly throwing rocks at cars on the eve of the Jewish new year, which left 64 year old Alexander Levlovich dead after he lost control of his car and rammed into a tree.
Israel’s Interior Minister named three of the accused Palestinians as Walid Atrash, Mohammad Abu Kaf and Abed Dawiat.
The fourth Palestinian Bilal Ghanem, along with another, is accused of shooting and stabbing passengers on a bus on October 13. Two Israelis were reportedly killed in the incident and another was severely wounded.
Deri asserted that Israel will intensify punitive measures on anyone who they claim to be “terrorists.”
“From now on, all terrorists will know that their terror attacks will have consequences beyond imprisonment," he said in a statement.
The majority of Palestinians in Jerusalem do not have Israeli citizenship. Instead they hold a residency status which allows them to work and benefit from Israeli health care and social services.
An interior ministry spokeswoman said the legal status of the four Palestinians are yet to be decided.
Since September last year, close to 200 Palestinians have been killed, most of whom were accused of attempting attacks on Israelis, while 23 Israelis were also killed in the same period.