A village in the occupied West Bank was locked down by Israeli forces, the Israeli military said, in an effort to find a man who had allegedly stabbed an Israeli man from a nearby settlement on Tuesday.
The army spokeswoman said no one would be allowed in or out of Nahalin, a Palestinian village located southwest of Bethlehem, except for humanitarian cases.
An Israeli man in his twenties had appeared at the entrance to the settlement after allegedly having stabbing wounds in the upper body, medics said he was in moderate condition when he was taken to hospital.
The army said forces were searching the area, but could not immediately determine the nature of the attack.
Since October last year, more than 165 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces, while some 25 Israelis have been killed by Palestinians during the same period.
Most of the Palestinians killed have been teenagers as young as 12 - some of whom were killed by armed Israeli civilians, and others by Israeli forces which usually allege the Palestinians were attempting attacks.
Palestinians say the recent violence is the result of frustration from nearly half-a-century of occupation and say Israel has been using excessive force to suppress the unrest.
Earlier on Tuesday, a 13-year-old Palestinian girl was arrested by Israeli forces at the entrance to the bloc’s Karmei Tzur settlement.
A while later at the Damascus Gate entrance to Jerusalem’s Old City, a 16-year-old Palestinian girl was arrested after allegedly attempting to stab military forces. Nobody was reported injured.
Under international law, Israeli building in occupied territories is illegal.
Some 500,000 settlers currently live in more than 100 communities built since Israel occupied the West Bank and East Jerusalem in 1967. Almost 350,000 Palestinians reside in East Jerusalem and 2.7 million in the West Bank.