Israel Defence Forces (IDF) injured over 10 Palestinians in the West Bank on Saturday during a raid to hunt down the killers of the Jewish settler couple.
Palestinian police announced that when a number of Israeli soldiers, alongside at least 40 IDF vehicles, including Israeli intelligence, launched a large scale operation in eastern Nablus, the city in the West Bank where the violence escalated on Saturday, according to the Palestinian news agency Ma’an.
"They arrested eight people and conducted searches, entering properties by force and causing damage," a police told Ajance France Presse.
Following the IDF raid in Nablus, Israeli soldiers used rubber coated steel bullets and tear gas against Palestinians protesters.
The Palestinian Red Crescent stated that "10 people were wounded by live rounds to the legs or stomach and four others were wounded in beatings" by Israeli forces.
In the meantime, Palestinian People’s Defense Committees in the West Bank asked Palestinians to protect their villages and mobilise against attacks from Israelis, through loudspeakers and social media.
An Israeli couple, Eitam and Naama Henkin, were shot dead on Thursday by Palestinians while they were travelling between Elon Moreh and Itamar in their car in the occupied West Bank, Israeli defence forces said.
The couple, who were residents of the West Bank, had their four children, aging between four months to nine years old, with them during the attack. The kids were lightly injured.
Israel has been occupying West Bank since the Six-Day War in 1967. The occupation is seen illegal by the international community and law since then.