The Israeli Army announced that soldiers killed two Palestinians accused of attempting to carry out a “stabbing attack” in the occupied West Bank on Saturday.
According to an army spokesman, the incident took place in the north of the Jordan Valley.
The Israeli Army also announced it demolished a home near the West Bank city of Hebron which it said belonged to Muhannad Halabi, who was shot dead by Israeli security officers on October 3 after being accused of killing an Israeli rabbi.
There has been an increase of punitive demolitions of Palestinian home since November last year when Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that such demolitions should be sped up in the occupied West Bank and east Jerusalem. Netanyahu called it "one of the most efficient tools" in preventing Palestinians from "attacking Israelis."
With the latest killing of two Palestinians, nearly 10 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli security forces so far in 2016.
2015 witnessed the killing of 178 Palestinians, most of whom were accused of attempting attacks on Israelis, while 23 Israelis were also killed in the same period, most of whom were soldiers.