An explosion at a mosque in Syria's Idlib province on Friday killed at least 25 opposition fighters, including members of the Al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front.
Sources said Ansar al Sharia and Aleppo Conquest, which have been causing heavy damages to the Syrian regime forces, were organising an iftar, the meal with which Muslims break their fast during the holy fasting month of Ramadan, when the blast went off.
Members of Nusra Front have been also killed in the attack, the British-based Syrian Observatory of Human Rights said.
Ansar al Sharia and Aleppo Conquest, which were formed for the the Battle of Aleppo, have forced the regime soldiers back as a result of fierce confrontations in Jamiat Az Zahra, north-western of Syria.
Only Ansar al Sharia, according to data by moniroting groups, launched more than 400 shells targeting regime held areas across the city on Thursday.
Friday’s mosque blast is believed to have been held by ISIS militants, according to senior opposition members, a claim which reminds latest reports on cooperation between the Syrian regime and ISIS.
The blast on the mosque came just after the Syrian regime sufferedheavy damages by the attack from Ansar al Sharia and Aleppo Conquest, which critics believe to beanother sign of the ‘regime-ISIS cooperation.’
On Thursday, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said the Assad regime and ISIS came together between 28-30 May for an exchange of services.
‘‘On 28-30 May the Syrian regime and ISIS came together in Hasakah and signed an agreement against the moderate opposition. They exchanged services,’’ he said, giving no more detail.
The United Nation estimates that overy 220,000 Syrians have been killed so far in the country’s four-year civil war.
More than 6.7 million Syrians are displaced internally. While at least 5 millions have fled the country to neighbouring Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan.