Liberia announced on Wednesday that a second case of Ebola was recorded in the country, shortly after it was declared free of the deadly disease in May.
The first Ebola case was confirmed on Tuesday, as the officials announced a 17-year old boy who died on June 28 had the disease.
Liberia’s Ministry of Information announced that the new case was found in Nedowein, the same village where the teenager died.
The victim is said to be the neighbour of the young man.
"We have two confirmed cases today in Liberia," Dr. Moses Massaquoi, case management team leader for Liberia's Ebola task force, announced on Wednesday.
After 17-year-old Abraham Memaigar was tested positive for the disease on Tuesday, Liberian authorities were on alarm, monitoring over 100 people to prevent a new outbreak before the second incident took place.
The young boy was buried the same day but the news was announced two days later.
The World Health Organization (WHO) announced that it was still not clear how the boy was infected with the disease.
Mud-brick home of the teenager had been placed under quarantine at the village of Nedowain.
US Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs,Linda Thomas-Greenfield, spoke regarding the issue on Tuesday.
"We will remain engaged with governments in the region to ensure Ebola does not take hold again in the way it did last summer," she said.
Liberia had officially been declared Ebola free by WHO on May 9, after 42 days without a new case of the deadly virus which killed thousands of people, causing an international alarm.
Shortly after the announcement, aid workers had shut down Ebola treatment units.
According to the WHO, a total of 11,005 people died from Ebola in the three neighbouring West African countries, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea since the outbreak began in December 2013.
Ebola has a high risk, between 25 and 90 percent, of leading the victim to death.