Saudi Arabia Civil Defence authorities said on Thursday that missiles fired from Yemen killed three civilians including two children close to the Yemeni border region Jazan.
Civil Defense spokesman Major Yehia al Qahtani said in a statement that alongside the three who were killed, 11 were injured - of whom nine were children - in several missile attacks on residential districts.
Saudi military forces have been leading a campaign of air strikes against Iran-backed Houthi rebels in neighbouring Yemen since March.
Houthi rebels intensified missile attacks recently across the Saudi Arabian border, prompting coalition forces to threaten severe retaliation.
Saudi military forces have deployed Patriot missile batteries with the aim of intercepting missiles from Yemen.
Troops loyal to President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi recently regained control of al Labnat military base near al Hazm which was previously captured by the Houthis and their allies loyal to former Yemeni president Ali Abdullah Saleh.
Yemen, which is one of the poorest countries in the Arabian Peninsula, was plunged into conflict in 2014 when the Houthis captured the country's capital Sanaa before going on to seize Yemen's southern regions and capture Aden.
Hadi had asked Saudi Arabia for help against the Houthis, in response to which Saudi-led forces began conducting air strikes in March targeting the Houthis and their allies.
More than 80 people, most of them soldiers and border guards, have been killed in shelling and cross-border skirmishes in the kingdom's south since coalition operations began in Yemen.
In Yemen the conflict has left nearly 6,000 people dead since March, according to United Nations figures.