Israeli forces on Tuesday have shot dead three Palestinians after they allegedly carried out knife attacks on Israeli soldiers in the occupied West Bank, said the Israeli army.
The first incident is reported to have occurred late Tuesday after a Palestinian man identified as Hammam Said, 23, attempted to stab an Israeli soldier at a military checkpoint near the city of Hebron, south of the occupied West Bank territory.
Earlier on Tuesday, two other Palestinian men were shot dead near a bus stop at Gush Etzion settlement near Bethlehem, as he allegedly stabbed and wounded an Israeli soldier.
The two men have been identified as Shabaan Abu Shkeidem, 17, and Shadi Nabil Abd al Muti Dweik, 22, according to the Ma’an news agency.
According to the Palestinian Red Crescent Society, Israeli officials prevented their ambulances from reaching the scene on time, leaving the two men to bleed to death on the ground the Ma’an reported.
Meanwhile, an Israeli hospital has reported that an American-Israeli, Richard Lakin, 76, who was wounded in an attack on October 13 has lost his life.
Since October 1, around 59 Palestinians - majority of them teenagers - have been killed by Israeli forces while about 11 Israelis have been killed in stabbing attacks by Palestinians.
Israel has justified its killings as “self defence” over stabbing attempts, however, Amnesty International on Tuesday said that it had found some of the Palestinian killings were unjustified and that "extreme and unlawful measures" were being used by Israeli forces.
According to Amnesty’s statement, there were at least 4 cases where Palestinians were purposely shot dead without posing an imminent threat.
The report described the unjustified killings as “extrajudicial executions."
The current wave of Israeli-Palestinian violence is described as the worst since the Gaza war in 2014.
Violence has been growing recently in Jerusalem after Israeli police carried out a raid on the Al Aqsa Mosque compound, one of the holiest sites in Islam.