Three Palestinians who allegedly carried out successive attacks targeting Israelis in the southern West Bank were shot dead on Monday, Israeli army said.
In the first attack, two Palestinians reportedly opened fire at civilians and soldiers as they were waiting at a bus stop outside Kiryat Arba settlement, according to a military statement.
“Two assailants opened fire at pedestrians waiting at a bus stop at the entrance of Kiryat Arba (near Hebron). Forces guarding the area responded and shot the assailants, resulting in their deaths," the statement said.
Shortly after the incident, the third Palestinian allegedly rammed a car into a military vehicle at the scene and was shot and dead.
"Moments later, in an additional attack, a vehicle rammed into a military vehicle responding at the scene. Forces responded to the immediate danger and shot the assailant, resulting in his death," the army said.
According to the military, one soldier died in the shooting and two others were injured in the car-ramming attack.
After Palestine was forcefully overtaken by Israel in 1967, many Palestinians have been revoked of their citizenship.
Only a very few percent of Palestinians are given residency permits, allowing them to work in certain areas.
Israel has been criticised of using excessive force in dealing with the alleged stabbing attempts, where Palestinian deaths took a rise since October last year.
The bloodshed since then has claimed the lives of at least 191 Palestinians and some 30 Israelis, additionally a high number of Palestinians were also killed in protests against Israeli forces.
Palestinians say the recent violence is the result of frustration from nearly half-a-century of occupation and they accuse Israel of using excessive force to suppress the unrest.
Palestinian authorities have emphasised that the younger generation has no hope for their future living under tight Israeli security measures and a weak economy.