The Tunisian government reported on Tuesday that it has extended a state of emergency from Dec. 24 to Feb. 21, following a November suicide bombing, the presidency said.
The presidency statement also said the decision to extend the state of emergency was made after consultations with the prime minister and parliament speaker, which is expected to provide more powers to the presidency and armed forces.
The Tunisian President Beji Caid Essebsi declared a state of emergency in the country and a curfew in the capital Tunis last month, after a bus carrying presidential security personnel was targeted in a bomb attack.
The country has suffered from violence, since overthrowing its longtime dictator Zine El Abidine Ben Ali in 2011, during the “Arab Spring.”
DAESH had claimed two earlier terror attacks in Tunisia, the National Bardo Museum attack in March, killing 22 people and the resort hotel attack in Sousse in June, killing 38 tourists.