Tunisia has requested European countries revise their travel warnings after the country has strengthened security measures to prevent an attack such as the one which hit its tourism sector last year.
European countries warned their citizens against travelling to Tunisa after the attack in July at a beach resort near Sousse - located 140 kilometers (87 miles) south of the capital Tunis - in which 38 tourists lost their lives, including 30 Britons. The DAESH terrorist group later claimed responsibility for the attack.
Shortly after the deadly attack, Tunisia was shaken by another attack in March targeting the National Bordo Museum which killed 21 tourists and a policeman.
In November 12 presidential guards were also killed in an DAESH-claimed suicide bombing.
"Showing solidarity with Tunisia in this period requires [European] states to review their warnings to citizens against travelling to Tunisia, which will help the tourism sector regain its normal pace," Foreign Minister Khemaies Jhinaoui said, releasing a statement on Wednesday.
Interior Minister Hedi Majdoub and Tourism Minister Selma Elloumi Rekik also called on European countries to revise their travel warnings on Wednesday in a meeting with ambassadors from the European Union.
"The police and army stand" ready to prevent any terrorism related threats, Majdoub said.
At the meeting he also said that the country has improved security in airports and touristic places.
The Tunisian Central Bank announced last month that the country has lost more than a third of its tourism-related income.
The Tourism ministry also said that the number of tourists from Europe this year was less than half of that in 2014.