Guinea said on Thursday two people have tested positive for Ebola after the World Health Organization (WHO) declared neigbouring Sierra Leone Ebola free for the second time.
Four people from Korokpara were tested of which two of them were found to have Ebola, a government agency spokesman said.
"All of the sick people have been taken to the Nzerekore treatment centre," the National Coordination of the Fight against Ebola in Guinea's Fode Tass Sylla said.
It was not immediately disclosed how the people from the village had contracted the disease but the area had previously rejected efforts to fight the disease in the initial epidemic.
Government spokesman Damantang Albert Camara said: "Vaccines have been taken to the zone to avoid new infections. The area has been locked down."
Experts says residents and authorities remain on alert across West Africa, though in many regions efforts to tackle the disease remain weak.
"Strong surveillance and emergency response capacity need to be maintained, along with rigorous hygiene practices at home and in health facilities and active community participation," the WHO said in a statement released earlier on Thursday.
In November Sierra Leone was first declared free of Ebola transmissions before tests revealed one woman had died of the disease in January, the same week that the WHO had declared the region free of the transmission of the virus.
The World’s worst Ebola epidemic is believed to have started in Guinea and killed about 2,500 people.
More than 11,300 people have died since the outbreak began in 2013, mostly in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.