US- led air strikes have killed five civilians and wounded eight people during an operation targeting DAESH terrorists in Iraq and Syria between July 27 and October 15, the coalition conducting military operations in the region said in a statement on Friday.
It was the fifth time that the coalition has admitted to causing civilian casualties in the campaign against DAESH.
The death toll of civilians killed in the air strikes have reached at least 21 with the recent loss.
"We deeply regret the unintentional loss of life and injuries resulting from those strikes and express our deepest sympathies to the victims' families and those affected," the US-led coalition said in a statement.
Earlier this month, authorities in the US also admitted that five air strikes carried out in Syria and Iraq between July 4 and July 17, 2015 targeting the DAESH had killed at least two civilians and injured four.
The US-led coalition has been launching an aerial campaign against the terror group DAESH in Syria and Iraq since mid-2014. The United States, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates are taking part in the coalition.