Death toll in the deadliest terror attack in Turkey’s modern history has increased to 102 people, reported Ankara Chief Public Prosecutor's office on Friday.
The statement of the prosecutor's office, which is in charge of investigating the attack said, “Along with our citizens that passed away at the Gazi University Medical Hospital today, the number of people that lost their lives in the attack is determined to be 102.
After completing the autopsies of the bodies, the identities of 101 people have been determined and the news delivered to their families. 13 suspects remain under arrest in the investigation and their interrogation continues.”
The prosecutor's office also asked the “public not to pay attention to speculative news and pleaded for citizens to wait for the results of the investigation in calm.”
Twin suicide bombings targeted a march organised by leftist labor unions on Oct. 10 in capital Ankara. The attack also caused injuries to more than 500 people.
Almost 100 of the injured are still reportedly hospitalised.
Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu emphasised that ongoing investigations aimed at identifying the perpetrators are at an advanced stage and close to nearing an end, and noted that 21 million fingerprints had been examined within three days.
He had previously said ISIS was the prime suspect in the attack.