The number of people who have been killed by a deadly terror attack in Turkey's capital Ankara on Oct.10 has rise to 99, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said during a live TV interview on Wednesday.
Reiterating his condolences, Davutoglu said, "We have 99 funerals and 94 of them were delivered to the families.’’
Twin suicide bombings targeted a march organised by leftist labor unions in the attack, Aside from the current death toll of 99, more than 500 others were injured in the bombings.
Almost 100 people injured in the attack are reportedly still hospitalised.
Davutoglu emphasised that ongoing investigations aimed at identifying the perpetrators are at an advanced phase and almost at an end, and that noted 21 million fingerprints had been examined within three days.
He added that all virtual media communications have been investigated in the process.
The prime minister stated on Wednesday that Turkish security forces detained two suspects who had stated on their twitter accounts that "The bomb will explode in Ankara!" before the terror attack.
Davutoglu also mentioned that the four prime suspects behind the attack are ISIS, the PKK, DHKP-C and the Syrian regime, saying that his government has taken necessary actions against any movement which threatens the stability of Turkey.
All PKK, ISIS and DHKP-C are recognised as terrorist organisations by Turkey, the US, EU, and NATO.
The PKK in particular has increased its attacks on both police and the Turkish Armed Forces after its umbrella organisation the KCK unilaterally ended an over two year long ceasefire with the Turkish government on July 11 and threatened the country with attacks.
According to Turkish authorities 141 Turkish security officials and over 30 civilians have been killed in terror attacks by the outlawed PKK.
Davutoglu says ISIS, PKK and Syrian regime reached an agreement
Davutoglu said ISIS, the Democratic Union Party (PYD), and Syrian regime reached an agreement in Hasaka on May 28.
“ISIS and the PYD settled with the regime to share the regions bordering Turkey,” said Davutoglu.
“Similarly, the attack may be a result of a deal between ISIS and the PKK,” he said.
Turkey considers the PYD to be the Syrian wing of the PKK, and therefore a terrorist organisation.
Davutoglu added that the government will find the agents and stooges of the terror attack while also continuing to fight against the PKK and ISIS which, he said, aimed to bring "chaos" to the country.
With respect to the PYD, Davutoglu said, "We do whatever the safety of the country requires; so if necessary we will target the PYD as well."
He said that the government had conveyed the message to the US, Russia and all of its allies that Turkey will destroy weapons delivered to YPG (the PYD's armed wing) militants in northern Syria if they are transferred to the PKK or reach Turkish soil.
Recalling the weapons supplied to the Iraqi Army by the US, Davutoglu earlier said, "If we find out that these weapons are taken into northern Iraq and used there against Turkey, we will destroy them."
The Pentagon confirmed on Wednesday that its cargo planes had dropped “small arms ammunition” for a newly-formed anti-ISIS coalition led by the YPG.
“The aircraft delivery includes small arms ammunition to resupply local forces to enable them to continue operations against Daesh [ISIS],” said Pentagon spokeswoman Elissa Smith.
In response, the Turkish Foreign Ministry summoned the US Ambassador to Turkey, John Bass, to convey its reaction to the delivery of the ammunition to the YPG.
Later on the same day the ministry announced that a similar message was delivered to Russia.