Death toll rises to 103 in Ankara suicide bombing

Oct. 10 Ankara suicide bombing death toll rises to 103, as injured victim dies from wounds

Photo by: AA
Photo by: AA

An injured man is carried to the ambulances after Ankara suicide bombing on October 10, 2015.

The death toll from last month’s Ankara suicide bombing has risen to 103, after one of the injured victims died, judicial sources said Wednesday.

No further details have been released, including the number of victims who are still in critical condition. A week following the Oct. 10 attack, 150 people remained in the hospital.

The attack saw two suicide bombers linked to DAESH terrorist organisation target peace and democracy marchers outside the city’s main train station.

The atrocity was the deadliest terror attack in modern Turkish history and came as the country prepared for its general election, scheduled for Nov. 1 as a snap election.

Since the brutal attack, Turkish security forces have been conducting wide-scale anti-terror operations across Turkey.

Turkish security forces detained eight suspects over having links with the terrorist organisation DAESH on Nov. 18 at Istanbul's Ataturk Airport.

The police said that the suspects, all Moroccan nationals, were coming from Casablanca and planning to cross into Germany illegally.

Meanwhile, Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) announced on the same day that one DAESH terrorist was killed in Kilis by a Turkish soldier, when the terrorist tried to cross the Turkish border from Syria.

TSK also said in a statement that 21 people, including nine children have been detained on suspicion of attempting to join DAESH terrorist organisation.

TRTWorld, AA