Photo shows suicide bombers before deadly blasts in Ankara

Photograph shows two suicide bombers near Ankara's main train station before carrying out deadly attack in Turkey’s capital

Photo by: AA
Photo by: AA

Two suicide bombers are seen walking before the deadly blasts on Oct. 10, 2015 in Turkey's capital Ankara.

A photograph published by Anadolu Agency on Tuesday shows two suicide bombers near Ankara's main train station before the deadly blasts hit Turkey’s capital.

On Oct. 10 twin suicide bombings targeted a march in Ankara which was organised by leftist labor unions, killed 102 people and injured 500 others.

The two suspects are seen walking in the photograph after getting out of a yellow taxi before the blasts.

The Ankara Public Prosecutor’s Office issued a written statement on Monday saying that one suspect in the twin bombings was identified as Yunus Emre Alagoz, the brother of the Suruc suicide bomber.

The second bomber was identified through some photographs; however, investigations are still ongoing to confirm his identity.

The statement also said that the court has ordered the arrest of four out of 20 suspects who were detained in relation to the terror attack.

It also stated that a large amount of ammunition was seized in the southeastern province of Gaziantep during raids of the dwellings of the suspects.

Security forces seized a great quantity of ammonium nitrate and other explosive materials, which are used in bomb making, during the raids.

Photos of the ammunition and several weapons found in the raid have been published.

Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said earlier on Monday that investigators were also examining "links" between the Ankara and Suruc blasts, referring to the July 20 bombing that killed 33 people in the southeastern Diyarbakir Province. The Suruc attack targeted pro-Kurdish activists and has been blamed on ISIS.

TRTWorld, AA