PKK terrorists kill two policemen in terror attack

Militants belonging to outlawed PKK kill two policemen in southern Turkish province of Adana

Photo by: AA
Photo by: AA

PKK terror attack kills two policemen in Turkey's Adana after militants open fire on police vehicle on Monday evening

PKK terrorists opened fire on a police vehicle on Monday evening, killing two police officers in the southern Turkish province of Adana.

The two policemen were reportedly leaving a hospital where they had travelled to get some documents for an investigation when the terror attack took place.

Despite all medical efforts the policemen could not be saved.

Another terror attack by the PKK injured two soldiers in Turkey’s eastern province of Sirnak when the militants targeted military lodgings.

Following retaliatory fire, the militants escaped the scene while security forces launched an operation to seize the militants.

Similarly, PKK terrorists carried out an armed attack on a police station in the Yuksekova district of Hakkari on Monday evening.

No casualties were reported following the incident.

PKK terror attacks continue to also target civilians in Turkey and four civilians were injured when the militants attacked a military convoy with rocket launchers on a highway between Diyarbakir and Elazig on Monday.

Those injured were immediately taken to hospital while security forces took strict precautions in the region.

Turkish security forces take strict precautions on the highway following PKK terror attack in Diyarbakir on Monday


A bomb planted by PKK terrorists near a wall in a street located in Diyarbakir's Sur district injured five children on Monday.

The Turkish Armed Forces (TSK) announced on Monday that recent air strikes against  the PKK managed to destroy several camps and shelters belonging to the outlawed group in northern Iraq.

Security forces also announced that 22 PKK terrorists were killed during recent operations in Sirnak

The PKK began renewed terror attacks in Turkey when its umbrella organisation, the KCK, unilaterally ended a two-year-long ceasefire with the government on July 11. Since then, attacks by the group have claimed the lives of over 120 security officers and 30 civilians.

The PKK is recognised as a terrorist organisation by Turkey, the US, EU and the UK.

TRTWorld and agencies