PKK terrorists attack ambulances in Turkey’s southeast

PKK terrorists attack ambulances with long barreled weapons in Turkey's Mardin Province

Photo by: AA
Photo by: AA

An ambulance has been attacked by PKK terrorists in Nusaybin Province of Mardin, 9 August 2015.

PKK terrorists attacked ambulances with long barreled weapons on Thursday amid anti-terror operations being carried out against the terrorist group in Turkey’s southeastern province of Mardin.

Security forces came under attack as they carried operations to take down street barricades which the terrorists set up earlier in the Nusaybin district of Mardin.

PKK terrorists also attacked ambulances which were carrying some patients to hospital.

Accordingly, the patients were transferred to hospital by armoured police vehicles.

Due to the explosives which the terrorists detonated during the attacks, several buildings and water lines were destroyed in the region.

PKK terrorists carried out another terror attack in the Silvan district of Diyarbakir Province on Thursday when they exploded a bomb with remote control as a military vehicle passed by.

No casualties were reported from the explosion. However the vehicle was highly damaged and deep craters were left in the road.

Closing the road to traffic, police started an investigation into the incident.

Police arrest two PKK terrorists in Mersin

Anti-terror police units in Mersin arrested two PKK terrorists on Thursday for carrying out a bomb attack on a market in the province.

The terrorists threw two explosive devices at a market and ran away on Wednesday.

Following the attack, police launched an operation to seize the terrorists and examined security footage from the incident.

After determining the suspects from the images , police detained the two terrorists in a raid.

Turkish security forces detained two other PKK terrorists in the southeastern province of Siirt on Thursday.

The gendarmerie units undertook a search operation at the home of the suspects and seized weapons and a great deal of ammunition during the operation.

The PKK, which is listed as a terror organisation by Turkey, the US and EU, has killed over 150 security officials and over 30 civilians since the PKK’s umbrella organisation, the KCK, unilaterally ended a two-year-long ceasefire with the government on July 11.

Meanwhile, police detained six PKK suspects for insulting soldiers who were leaving the Silvan district of Diyarbakir following a curfew which lasted for 12 days.

Officials reported that interrogations of the six suspects are still continuing in the police department.

TRTWorld and agencies