An elderly man was killed by the PKK terrorists in Turkey’s southeastern Sirnak province on Sunday after he refused to give his home to the terrorist group.
According to reports, the 70 year-old man identified as Selahattin Bozkurt, was home alone when the PKK terrorists showed up at his doorstep, and wanted to use his home as an emplacement in the Cizre district.
When Bozkurt refused, the terrorist group opened fire and killed him.
Over the last 4 days, Turkey has started an extensive internal security operation in order to scatter the network of the PKK groups in Turkey’s southeastern provinces.
A curfew was imposed in Turkey’s Cizre and Silopi districts on Monday. Many citizens are reported to have left the region before the curfew, including Bozkurt's relatives.
The elderly man’s family said that he strongly opposed the terrorists wreckful behaviour by saying “you turned the region into ruins, I won't let you take over my home."
Bozkurt's relatives condemned allegations that he was killed by the police, and said that it was false propaganda made up by the PKK terrorists,and in fact it is them who killed him.
Local sources have reported that a total of 110 PKK terrorists have been killed in the ongoing anti-terror operations in Turkey’s southeastern province.
Clashes broke out during the operations in Turkey’s Diyarbakir and Sirnak, where two soldiers also lost their lives.
Deputy Prime Mİnister Numan Kurtulmus said earlier in the week that the Justice and Development Party (AK Party)-led Turkish government will not submit to “the trench politics” of the PKK terrorist organisation which has placed a heavy burden on civilians living in Turkey’s southeast and eastern regions.
PKK terror attacks have killed more than 180 security officials and over 30 civilians in Turkey since the group’s umbrella organisation, the KCK, unilaterally ended a two and a half year-long ceasefire with the government on July 11 and threatened Turkey with attacks.