Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has stated that ISIS considers Turkish government as the biggest threat and the operations held by Turkey was a necessity.
Speaking late on Sunday at dinner programme with the editor-in-chiefs of national newspapers in Istanbul, Davutoglu said the operations against ISIS and PKK points in Iraq and Syria arose from the “terrorist actions” of both organisations.
Both PKK and ISIS were recognised as terrorist organisations by Turkey, as well as NATO and the EU.
Davutoglu pointed out that the Suruc bombing and attacking a Turkish soldier had changed regional balance and that Turkey would continue its operations until both ISIS and the outlawed PKK are eliminated.
A group of youth consisting nearly 300 people that are members of the pro-Kurdish Federation of Socialist Youth Associations (SGDF), was attacked in Suruc District of Turkey’s southeastern province of Sanliurfa by a suicide bomber who was allegedly an ISIS militant, killing 32 people and injuring more than hundred.
“The massacre of Suruc and martyring of a soldier of us conduced the necessity of these operations. While we launched the security meeting, we received the news over the killing of our soldier. Our operations are a reaction to the attacks,” Davutoglu said.
A gunfire opened from a region controlled by ISIS into Turkey, located around Turkey’s Syrian border province of Kilis, on Thursday killing the soldier Yalcin Nane.
Turkish F-16 fighter jets started to hit previously determined ISIS targets on Syrian soil on Thursday night and continue the transfrontier operations in following days, expanding the targets to Iraq and hitting the critical locations of the PKK.
Criticising the objections of Turkey’s pro-Kurdish Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) over the operations on the PKK, Davutoglu said the ceasefire was ended by terrorist attacks of the PKK.
“There is no link between terror and maths or geometry. Less or more, terror is terror. Everybody receive the answer which they deserve. The attacks launched by the PKK show who finished the ceasefire,” Davutoglu added.
PKK’s Umbrella Organisation, Group of Communities in Kurdistan (KCK), released a statement on July 11 declaring the truce with Turkish government has ended, and threatened Turkey with attacks.
Last week, the PKK and its youth wing Patriotic Revolutionist Youth Movement (YDG-H) killed three police officers and two civilians in Turkey.