Secretary General at the Turkish Presidency Ibrahim Kalin said on Tuesday that the claims over Turkey for not condemning ISIS is “unreal.”
Regarding the bomb attack that killed dozens in southeastern border district of Suruc in Sanliurfa province on Monday, Kalin said: “Comprehensive working of security units and judicial authorities over the matter has been continuing.”
Kalin said some politicians attempt to provoke people for “political gain” although all the facts are clear. He added that it is “really upsetting” that they even see the terror attack, that causes grief to the nation, as an opportunity to plant seeds of hate.
Kalin slammed Selahattin Demirtas, pro-Kurdish Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) co-chair saying that his attempts to wear away at Erdogan composing of “imaginary” and “deliberately falsifying” claims and this is “intolerable.”
ISIS was added in “terrorist organisations list” by Turkey in October 2013.
Turkey has already stepped up its efforts against ISIS to prevent the flow of militants through its borders.
Turkey has so far deported 1,600 foreign-nationals and banned 14,515 foreign fighters from entering the country with claim of being affiliated with ISIS.
In the past weeks, Turkish police detained dozens of suspected ISIS militants in raids conducted across the country over suspicion of joining ISIS or providing support to the group.
The raids in July were carried out against ISIS so far resulted in detainment of 37 suspects.
According to governmental sources, Turkish security forces have detained more than 500 individuals for suspected links to ISIS militants. Turkish courts handed down prison sentences to nearly 100 individuals over terrorism charges.