Some 2,000 Turkmens have crossed into Turkey after fleeing attacks from Russian and Syrian regime forces in northwestern Syria, according to the Turkish disaster agency.
According to the Turkish Prime Ministry Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD), nearly 600 families have taken refuge in Guvecci camp near Yayladagi, a border town in southern Turkey's Hatay Province.
The officials said that more migrants would be allowed into Turkey in the coming days.
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said on Thursday that more than 5,000 Turkmens and Arab refugees had been accepted into Turkey in the last week alone, following the air strikes.
Predominantly Turkmen areas of northwestern Syria have been under attack by regime forces - backed by Russian air power - since November of last year.
Recent attacks in these areas have displaced thousands of Turkmens, a Turkic ethnic group concentrated mainly in Syria and Iraq, prompting many to seek refuge in southern Turkey.