Three civilians injured in PKK terror attack in Diyarbakir

PKK terrorists injure three more civilians in Turkey’s southeast, as militant group has increased terror attacks

Photo by: AA
Photo by: AA

PKK terror attacks hit a tea house on Monday in Diyarbakir, injuring three civilians

PKK terrorists hit a tea house while targeting a police vehicle and injured three civilians on Monday in Baglar district of Turkey’s southeastern province of Diyarbakir.

Several security forces were dispatched to the spot over the incident while high security measures were taken at the same time.

Two of the injured civilians were given ambulatory treatment while the third one was taken to the hospital.

PKK terrorists have killed nearly 25 civilians and a total of 115 Turkish security officials in numerous terror attacks since restarting the conflict against the Turkish state on July 11.

Another PKK terror attack in Diyarbakir took place when the militants threw blast bomb at a police station in Silvan district. While no casualties were reported after the incident, Turkish policemen immediately launched an operation in the region.

In the meantime, Turkey’s security forces launched a wide-range air supported operation to seize the PKK terrorists in eastern province Tunceli.

For safety measures, two separate highways between Tunceli-Ovacik and Tunceli-Pulumur were closed to traffic for three days.

Special training units were reported to clear the buried mines which the militants had planted at critical points in the region.

Hakkari Governorate reported that the PKK terrorists carried out an attack with mortars and heavy machine guns to a military post in Yuksekova district on Monday evening, and the security forces immediately retaliated the fire.

Accordingly, a militant group of PKK’s youth wing Patriotic Revolutionist Youth Movement (YDG-H) opened fire on policemen who arrived in Yuksekova district of Hakkari to cover the trenches which the militants had digged earlier.

Following the attack, an armed clash erupted between the policemen and the militants, damaging the nearby houses.

Turkey’s security forces detained 25 suspects who attempted to enter a military security zone in eastern Hakkari province.

After the interrogations at prosecution office, 19 of 25 suspects were arrested while the rest were released by the court pending a trial.


TRTWorld and agencies