Three gendarmerie officers wounded in Turkey’s Agri province

Three gendarmerie officers wounded in attack in Dogubeyazit district of southeastern province Agri

Turkish armed forces reported that three gendarmerie officers were wounded in an attack carried out by suspected PKK terrorists in the Dogubeyazit district of southeastern Agri province on Wednesday.

The militants fired rocket propelled grenades at military vehicles, security forces informed.

It was reported that one of the soldiers was seriously wounded and sent to the Erzurum province for treatment on Wednesday morning.

Security forces started their investigation over the incident.

Military officer wounded in Turkey’s Erzurum province

A non-commissioned officer Nazim Altun was wounded in an armed attack in the Horasan district of Turkey’s eastern Erzurum province on Wednesday.

While Altun was repairing his car on the highway, assailants fatally shot at him from a black car in a drive-by,  Turkish police reported.

Altun was taken to the hospital after the incident and the police started investigations in a large scale.

Militants attack gas pipeline

The Kirkuk-Yumurtalik gas pipeline was attacked in the southeastern province of Sirnak on Wednesday.

“Assailants attacked the pipeline from a 5 km distance point to Cizre district of Sirnak” The Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Taner Yildiz reported to Turkish media.

Yildiz also mentioned the attack on Turkey and Iran’s border in Turkey’s eastern province of Agri from Monday in his statement “Militants are taking aim at Turkey’s strategic position, stability and development.”

The Kirkuk-Yumurtalik pipeline is part of the Kirkuk-Ceyhan pipeline that has a 1.6 million barrel capacity per day.

The office of the Special Inspector General for Iraq’s reconstruction stated that the Kirkuk-Ceyhan pipeline has a maximum operational capacity of 400,000 barrels per day, but the actual flow is estimated to be 300,000 barrels per day due to recent attacks on the pipeline.

Armed attack to police in Bitlis

Militants of the outlawed PKK attacked police cars with mines in the southeastern province of Bitlis.

Police officers replied to the attack and some PKK terrorists got wounded, police reported.

No casualties were reported on the incident.

Police officer kidnapped in Diyarbakir

On Tuesday, a police officer was kidnapped by suspected militants of the outlawed PKK in the southeastern province of Diyarbakir in Turkey.

Police officer Sedat Yabalak was abducted while driving his civil vehicle   with his family on the Diyarbakir-Bingol highway, Turkish police reported.

On July 24, another police officer, Vedat Kaya was also abducted on the same highway, also travelling with his family. Kaya had been allegedly abducted by suspected members of the PKK.

The militants released Vedat Kaya on July 25 and a detailed investigation was started by the police.

Militants set vehicles on fire

PKK terrorists set three vehicles on fire in the southeastern province of Tunceli on Tuesday.

Security forces reported that acar, sprinkler and a station wagon belonging to the National Forestry Operation Directorate of Tunceli became inoperative after the incident.  

PKK terrorists attacked the vehicles with heavy guns, security forces said.

In another incident, two children and a police officer got injured in the eastern province of Sirnak in Turkey on Tuesday.

Security forces reported that assailants attacked military officers with homemade explosives when they tried to open the blocked Berivan Street in the Cizre district.

PKK is listed as a terrorist organisation by Turkey, NATO and EU.

Turkish security forces have detained 1,302 suspects across 39 Turkish provinces since the nationwide "anti-terrorist operations" began on July 24 against militant groups like PKK and ISIS.

The operations started after the outlawed PKK increased its attacks on both police and the Turkish Armed Forces, following the suicide bombing that was allegedly carried out by ISIS, in the Suruc district of southeastern Sanliurfa province, which claimed 32 lives on July 20.

TRTWorld and agencies