The Turkish Armed Forces (TAF) issued a written statement on Sunday saying that three Turkish soldiers died in a terror attack carried out by PKK terrorist in Turkey’s southeastern province of Sirnak.
“A handmade explosive device went off at about 2:40pm local time (1240 GMT) as an armored vehicle passed through the Nur neighborhood of Cizre district,” TAF said.
The statement said that another soldier and a police officer survived the attack with no life-threatening injuries.
The PKK is considered as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the US and the EU.
The terrorist group continues its armed campaign which was launched in late July.
Since then, more than 200 Turkish security forces died. Meanwhile, 1,700 PKK terrorists were killed in anti-terror operations.
TAF cancelled all new year events
On the other hand, TAF issued another statement on Monday saying that all new year events within military were cancelled due to ongoing terror attacks and “injured and martyred soldiers”.
A comprehensive anti-terror operation has been continuing in the southeastern provinces of Diyarbakir, Sirnak and Mardin since Dec. 15.
According to military sources, more than 200 PKK terrorists have been killed during the operation.
Meanwhile, many citizens left Cizre and Silopi districts of Sirnak Province due to curfews that declared by authorities in order to ensure the security of citizens during the clashes between security forces and PKK terrorists.