Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu on Thursday said that Turkish Armed Forces killed around 200 DAESH terrorists in retaliation to the Fatih suicide bombing that killed 10 civilians and injured 15 others on Tuesday.
Speaking at a conference with Turkish ambassadors in Ankara, Davutoglu said Turkish land forces have fired DAESH targets 500 times in Syria and Iraq, killing almost 200 terrorists, in response to a suicide bombing in Istanbul.
Turkish PM also added that Turkey will carry out air strikes if necessary and will maintain its "determined stance" until DAESH leaves its border areas.
Following Tuesday’s attack, PM Davutoglu announced that the bomber was affiliated with the DAESH terrorist group.
According to the security sources, the assault was carried out by Syrian citizen, Nabil Fadli, who was born in 1988 in Saudi Arabia and was not on the police's watch list.
The reports about Fadli indicated that he entered Turkey from Syria on Jan. 5, 2016.
Turkish security forces launched a comprehensive investigation into the attack detaining at least seven people who have suspected links with the terrorist group.
Meanwhile, another three suspects who are Russian nationals had been detained on Wednesday over suspected links with DAESH terrorist organisation in Turkey’s southern province of Antalya.
Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Thursday that one of three Russian citizens is suspected by Russian authorities of being linked to DAESH.
The name of the suspect is Aidar Suleimanov, born in 1984, Zakharova told a weekly news briefing.