Turkish security forces maintain major security operations against terrorist organisation PKK in Silvan district of Diyarbakir where a curfew was announced on Nov.3 to seize PKK terrorists and to remove barricades along with the explosive devices which they had set earlier in the streets.
During the operations in Silvan, lieutenant Altug Tek and policeman Arif Demir were killed by PKK terrorists on Wednesday.
In the meantime, the governorate of Diyarbakir has recently announced in a statement that 5 PKK terrorists who were involved in armed clashes with the security forces were killed.
The statement also said that the curfew was declared as a part of necessary security measures which were taken within the scope of legislation to protect the peace and stability of the region.
In another operation launched in the southeastern province of Siirt, the police captured a huge armoury belonging to terrorist organisation PKK upon the notice of citizens on Thursday.
Following the successful operation, police chief Metin Ozkan said that ‘’This is the result of our meticulous efforts against terrorism and our people try to assist us in the best way they could.’’
Increasing terror attacks by PKK, which is listed as a terror organisation by Turkey, US and EU have been causing disruption of the social order in several eastern and southeastern provinces of Turkey.
Moreover, PKK terror attacks have killed over 150 security officials and over 30 civilians since the PKK’s umbrella organisation, KCK, unilaterally ended a two-year-long ceasefire with the government on July 11.
Police detain 4 suspects over being members of PKK
Police forces detained 4 suspected members of PKK’s youth wing YDG-H in the southeastern province of Erzincan on Wednesday.
During the search operations carried out in residences of the suspects, police also seized weapons and documents belonging to the terrorist group.
The investigation over the incident is reportedly still ongoing.
In the meantime, the governorate of Hakkari announced on Wednesday that some districts in the province were declared as ‘special safety zones’ as the security forces operate to eliminate possible attacks of terrorist PKK.
Those regions were closed to to entrance without the permission of authorities until Nov. 25.
Ten PKK terrorists lay down arms
In the southeastern province of Sirnak, 10 PKK terrorists surrendered to security forces on Wednesday.
The governorate of Sirnak said in a statement that the number of terrorists who surrendered since March has risen to 1029 with the incident.
The statement informed that the judicial authorities would follow the legal procedure regarding the surrendered terrorists.