Turkish Interior Minister Efkan Ala on Wednesday held a press meeting with his German counterpart Thomas de Maiziere following a suicide bombing that killed 10 civilians most of whom were German nationals.
Speaking at the conference, Turkish Interior Minister Ala said that Turkey and Germany will cooperate closely to investigate the attack.
A suicide bombing on Tuesday hit Istanbul’s historic Sultanahmet Square killing 10 civilians and injuring 15 others. The bomber is identified as Syrian citizen Nabil Fadli who was born in 1988 in Saudi Arabia.
Prime Minister of Turkey Ahmet Davutoglu said that Fadli was affiliated with DAESH terrorist group.
Turkish interior minister also said that the suicide bomber was not on any wanted list but had registered with Turkey's immigration authorities.
“He was not on the wanted individuals list. And neither is he on the target individuals list sent to us by other countries," Ala added.
Also giving details about injured people, Ala said "There are at the moment 11 wounded at the hospital ... of these 11 people, nine hold German nationality, while one is Norwegian and the other is Peruvian."
Ala also said that two of the injured Germans are in critical condition and their situation is being monitored closely.
Regarding investigation into the blast, Ala said one person had been detained.
German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere, who came to Istanbul for a brief visit following the attack, also spoke at the press conference. De Maiziere said there is no reason to change any travel plans for Turkey.